A runway style costume contest! Come in your best cosplay costume and show off your stuff! The Runway Costume Competition will be “Runway” style. There will be no pre-judging. Contestants can enter in store bought or homemade costumes. Register for the Runway Costume Contest at the Cosplay Info Booth #TBD at OtakuFest. Scroll down to read information, rules, and regulations.
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED AS FOLLOWS:
• Best in Show: Award trophy
• Best Individual: Award medallion
• Best Group: Award medallion
• Best Junior/Youth: Award medallion
• Judges’ Awards (3): Award medallion
1. One entry per person. No separate entries from the same person.
2. There is a limit of 50 entries.
3. All costumes must come from an established cartoon, comic book, anime, video game, manga, novel, or movie.
4. All contestants must fill out the entry form.
5. All costumes must be PG-13 or less. No nudity or risque costumes.
6. No bad behavior. You know what that means. No trash talking, sabotage or poor sportsmanship. Improper behavior will get you removed from the competition and possibly the convention. Remember, we’re all here to have fun.
7. No harmful or potentially harmful materials will be allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: water, cigarettes, flames, fireworks, silly string, and any other substance that can be fired, launched, or dripped.
What to expect at the contest:
When you first arrive at the show, there will be a COSPLAY INFO BOOTH located at Booth #TBD in the Exhibition Hall. This is where all questions regarding the competition can be answered, and where you will need to go to sign up and/or check in.
Who can enter?
All attendees who have an event badge or bracelet for OtakuFest can enter this contest. Participants can enter as individuals or in groups (up to 10 per group).
How do I sign up for the contest?
There are two ways to register for the competition
(1) Register Online before June 4, 2020. This is the most preferred method. You will receive an email confirmation with your contestant #. When you get to the show, you will need to sign in at the COSPLAY INFO BOOTH, located at Booth #TBD, where you will be given further instructions.
(2) Register at the convention. Participants will be able to sign up for the contest at the COSPLAY INFO BOOTH located at Booth #TBD, located in the Exhibition Hall. Fill out and return the entry form to the registration table. You will be given a contestant # and further information.
(3) Register at the contest. Show up to the contest at least 30 minutes before it starts to check in and get registered.
All entrants must show up 30 minutes prior to the competition for roll call in the Main Events room (Room TDB).
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org