[2019 panel submissions are closed, thank you!]
We are dedicated to giving voice to local experts and enthusiasts of pop culture, and we’d like you to consider running panels at our events.
If you have deep knowledge of pop culture and like to present before an audience, we encourage you to submit your own original ideas for panels.
Guest panelists get free admission on the day they are scheduled to host a panel. Some panelists may be approved to host one per day for up to 2 days free admission.
1. Registration deadline is July 15, 2019. The earlier you submit your panel, the better chance you have of approval and a good time slot. No panels will be approved after that date. If you would like to host your own panel, it’s easy! Just fill out the form below and submit to us for consideration.
2. Preparation goes a long way. Be sure you complete your request form completely and accurately. Check to ensure that your topic is relevant, your descriptions accurately match your panel’s title and content, and show us that you have put a great deal of thought into your presentation.
3. Panels should reflect an aspect of the fandoms we represent. OtakuFest does reserve the right to reject panels if we feel the material is not appropriate for our convention.
4. Make sure your panel is appropriate. We pride ourselves on being family friendly, which means that your panel is not demeaning, rude, embarrassing, or derogatory to anyone. 18+ panels are allowed, but you are responsible for checking IDs at the door. We do not allow “Truth or Dare” type panels or “Ask a Character” events due to the nature of the questions.
5. OtakuFest does not accept panels that require an admission fee. All of our panels are to be open to any and all registered attendees; attendees should only need their convention badge to attend a panel. A small materials only fee may be charged on a case by case basis that involve creating crafts. Prior to submitting a panel that might require the material fee please email email@example.com prior to submission.
6. Guest panels have priority. Because scheduling for these panels can be erratic and take up much of ‘prime-time’ programming between Noon and five pm on Saturday and Sunday, being flexible on your scheduling increases the chances we will find an acceptable time-slot for your panel.
7. Notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately of any changes or problems as soon as they arise.
8. It is the responsibility of the panelist to meet with the A/V team at the convention at least an 20 minutes before their panel starts if they wish to use computers or other devices in their panel. Please note that we do NOT provide laptops in the panel rooms. We do provide speakers, projectors, and microphones upon request.
9. Please be respectful to OtakuFest staff, volunteers, and the other panelists.
10. Start on time and end on time. All panels should end in enough time for you to clean up and remove your materials so the next panel can start on time.
11. Be a registered attendee at OtakuFest. For hosting a panel, the main host listed on the form will only receive one admission ticket per panel, for the day of that panel. Groups with multiple members are encouraged to lead several panels in order to cover admission for more members. OtakuFest is not responsible for any additional admission.
12. OtakuFest will notify all panelists if their panel has been accepted by July 31, 2019. Because of over scheduling, your panel may be canceled even after it has been approved. In that case, you will still receive an admission ticket for that day.
13. Every attempt will be made to ensure that the Panelist will be scheduled for their preferred day and time, and we will also attempt to avoid scheduling the Panelist for any major events that the Panelist may have an interest in attending, though no guarantees can be made. Make sure to note any event that you do not want to miss on the Panel Request Form.
14. OtakuFest will provide A/V support, within reason. Please note that laptops are NOT provided. We strongly encourage you to have a back-up plan because regardless of how well you or we plan.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.